1. Have the intention to memorize for the sake of Allah alone and nothing else but Allah only, to please him, and increase your imaan.
If this is not your intention then its going to be difficult.
2. Try your best to understand the meaning of what you want to memorize.
This will help coordinate the verses and see where you go wrong when reciting.
3. Understand the HEAVINESS, GREATNESS, SIGNIFICANCE and IMPORTANCE of the words.
What you are memorizing are the very words of you creator and not merely a religous book.
4. Regular Revisions of what you have already memorized.
5. Have patience, DO NOT get discouraged.
6. If it gets difficult and you feel discouraged then go through the benefits of memorizing the Quran.
7. Keep away from sins.
And INSHALLAH we will all be able to memorize the Quran.