*How mothers can inspire and motivate their children towards learning Quran and loving Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta’ala through His Qalam.*
Amr Ahmed a young Hafiz from Melbourne Australia amazed a congregation of 2000, Muslims by leading the prayers with his beautiful recitation.
His inspiration is his mother, a single mother who faced hardships in life but she used Quran as the guiding principle in raising her child and leading her life.
He shared, how his mother was the driving force towards leading him to memorise the Quran and develop love for it at such a young age.
1. She had love for Quran herself, she would recite it and cry, as she understood it.
2. Her guiding and inspirational quote: *Teach your children Quran, the Quran will teach them everything*
3. She had observed her own father who recited Quran all the time, did zikr constantly. Only stopped reciting when he was praying or talking with people. It was a chain of Khair.
4. She had focused on a long term ,achievable goal ( to get her child to do Hifz in 6 years) and had an action plan with a date of completion written down.
5. She stayed consistent with her plan did not let anything or anyone to deviate from her set task.
6. She started out when he was a baby by making him listen to Tilawat of Quran, so that by 2 years of age he was ready to start reading.
7. She made sure he learnt the proper pronunciation and Tajweed by sending him to a class every week. This made his base strong.
8. She made a routine and schedule for her child keeping in mind his worldly needs, like sports and entertainment . His favourite sport is Soccer and he is inspired by Muslim Soccer players.
9. She also gave him targets to achieve. If Quran was done, he could play, and watch TV. But if he did not read Quran then no entertainment.
10. She gave him personal attention and taught him herself instead of relying on someone else to come teach him.
11. She tested him herself, sought help only in correcting his Hifz and Tilawat as a double check.
12. She kept him interested in learning Quran by demonstrating her own love for it. Even when he would watch TV she made sure he watched, Qaris reciting Quran, scholars as role models like Dr Zakir and channels like Peace TV to inspire him.
13. She discussed to him of her love for Quran, of her desire to make him Hafiz of Quran.
14. He was encouraged to learn the Western education. He excels in Math and other school subjects. He is inspired not only to become a scholar of Deen, but also of Science and Psychology.
*Technique for memorising Quran*:
He had memorised Surahs before starting formal Hifz from the beginning by listening alone.
He started at 4 years of age.
Only 2 pages daily, not more for a week .
Started on Sunday.
Continued Monday, Tuesday and on Wednesday she gave a pre test .
Thursday he revised his mistakes.
Friday he took the final test.
Saturday it would be double checked by a Tajweed teacher.
*Revision after Memorisation*
Did 1 Juz daily reading by looking.
1/2 Juz Hifz without looking.
*Amr Ahmed’s Tips to succeed in memorising Quran*
1. Be consistent
2. Don’t give up.
3. Don’t waste your time.
Three very valuable tips for achieving success while attempting every work of khair.